Interior Design Intern
INTERNSHIP (NEW YORK, NY)
Chelsea, New York
May - August, 2019
Junzi is a young company with big ambitions. We want to create access to honest, real food in the US by building an ecosystem of fast casual restaurants, events, and private dining experiences. We currently operate 3 fast casual restaurants in New York, NY and New Haven, CT and our Bryant Park location opened in May 2019. And as we move into the next stage of development, we are assembling a group of top like-minded people who want to make an impact.
That’s where you come in.
Junzi Kitchen’s Department of Development and Architectural Design is hiring in-house part-time/ full-time Interior Design Summer Interns focusing on restaurant design and development projects.
What you’ll be working on:
• Collaborating on site planning and concept ideation for projects ranging from new store design, existing store renovation to projects focusing on staging & styling.
• Working on 3D modeling and creation of concept rendering (2D & 3D).
• Gaining an understanding of interior finishes, materials, and FF&E design, and working on specifying/ purchasing products and coordination with vendors.
• Strong interest in design, art and hospitality industry
• Understanding of Junzi’s brand strategy and design philosophy
• Obtained or currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture. Some working experience in Interior Design profession is preferable.
• Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Suite. Experience in Revit or Vectorworks is preferable.
• Strong communicator with the ability to work with peer designers, colleagues from other departments, vendors and construction managers
• Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills, prioritizes and handles multiple deadlines with no hesitation
• Experience in construction documents, especially millwork detailing is preferable.
• Experience in coordination with manufacturer is preferable.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
• A resume or CV that clearly documents the required qualifications
• A work sample with indication of your involvement in the projects included, which reflects the required ability/skills mentioned